Terms & Conditions
Warranties and Disclaimers Although the SAS actively monitors the Fora, it is impossible for us to confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that SAS does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. By participating in the Fora, you agree to take full legal responsibility for all the information you post, including legal responsibility for use of copyrighted or other protected intellectual property you include in any of your posts. Moreover, you agree to take full legal responsibility for any slanderous, libelous, threatening or otherwise actionable statements you make through the Fora. Your legal responsibility includes, but is not limited to, holding the SAS, GS/OAS, and the OAS harmless from any claim or action brought as a result of your statements or posts on through the Fora. SAS and GS/OAS also reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) when such disclosure is pursuant to the requirements of law, treaties or norms applicable to SAS or GS/OAS, or when in the best interests in the SAS or GS/OAS. Nothing in these terms and conditions constitute an express or implied waiver by SAS, GS/OAS, or OAS of their privileges and immunities under the laws of the United States of America, any OAS Member State, or international law.
Deleting Messages Although SAS is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:
- Profanity in subject lines or signatures, or profanity within messages deemed to be blatant as opposed to incidental
- Spamming or commercial solicitation
- Flaming other members with the apparent intent of inciting or perpetuating a conflict or argument
- Bombing forums or individual threads with repetitive, pointless posts
- Posting personal e-mail or chat dialogues
- Posting pornographic or otherwise objectionable material
- Impersonating other individuals or false representation
- Discussion of illegal activity, or posting links to other websites that deal with such activities
- Posts made under secondary usernames or other aliases
- Posts which are completely unrelated to the forum in which they are posted
- Posts which breach another member's privacy, i.e. containing phone numbers, addresses or other personal information
- Copyright violations
Forums Acceptable Use
- You agree, through your use of the SVC Fora, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of any law.
- You agree, through your use of the SVC Fora, not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you are authorized to post by the copyright holder.
- You agree, through your use of the SVC Fora, not to post advertising of any kind in the Fora whether you are a private party or company.
Limitation of Liability IN NO EVENT WILL THE SUMMIT OF THE AMERICAS SECRETARIAT (SAS), GS/OAS, OR OAS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOST DATA, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION) RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE IN THE DISCUSSION FORA OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE TO WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED OR ON WHICH A LINK IS PROVIDED IN THE FORA.
The opinions expressed in this site, the Summits Virtual Community, are entirely those of their authors and their sources and do not necessarily represent the opinions or official position of the Organization of American States, of its General Secretariat, of the Summits of the Americas Secretariat or their Member States.