- Taking into account the continuing challenges to sustainable development in the Hemisphere and the reference documents please list the priority sustainable development challenges that should be addressed in a revised and updated PIDS.
- Identify concrete actions within each of the priority areas indicated in response to question 1 above, that could fall under the following action lines of the OAS:
- serve as a hemispheric forum to promote dialogue and coordinate progress in sustainable development;
- support the exchange of information relating to sustainable development, and facilitate the exchange of experiences among countries, institutions, and organizations; and
- act as a partner in cooperation among stakeholders involved in sustainable development in those areas in which the OAS General Secretariat has a comparative advantage.
- How you foresee the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) framework being incorporated into the revised and updated PIDS?
- How can the General Secretariat of the OAS (GS/OAS) through its implementation of the PIDS adequately support member States efforts in achieving the SDGs?
- Please share recommendations regarding:
- Strategies that should be adopted in implementing a new PIDS.
- Strategies for mobilizing new and additional resources for the implementation of the PIDS.
The Inter-American Program on Sustainable Development 2006-2009 (extended to December 2015) http://www.oas.org/dsd/Documents/PIDSeng.pdf
Concept Note “Building a Post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda for the Americas" (CIDI/CIDS/doc.2/14 corr.1): http://scm.oas.org/doc_public/ENGLISH/HIST_14/CIDI04468E02.doc
“The Future We Want" adopted on 27 June 2012 at the Rio +20 Conference (A//RES/66/288) http://www.un.org/en/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=%20A/RES/66/288
“Realizing the Future We Want for All" adopted by the UN System Task Team on the Post 2015 UN Development Agenda http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/pdf/Post_2015_UNTTreport.pdf