Today’s technological advances have transformed our lives by making the world smaller. Information is readily available, allowing us to react almost instantaneously. This discussion will focus on how fast and easy access to information has transformed the way young people interact on a personal and political level.
Some questions to think about:
- Technology is often used to facilitate & support freedom of speech. Is this good or bad?
- Has the use of technology been positive or negative in the promotion of democracy, good governance and positive relations?
- Is there a right to privacy when using technology and social media?
- How do you feel about anonymous posts in your country or in your particular environment?
- How could ICTs be used by young people to generate collective action and transform the realities of their communities?
- How could the use of ICTs by young people contribute to strengthening a democratic culture in the Americas?
Comments & Questions